Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Family Storybook Treasury: Tales of Laughter Curiosity and Fun




I have mixed feelings about collections.  Part of me thinks, "Isn't that convenient - eight books in one?"  But there is another that wants to own each individual book.  I am usually a little torn.  But when I saw The Family Storybook Treasury, I was excited because of the fun variety of books that it includes:

Curious George and the Firefighters by Margret and H. A. Rey
Martha Speaks by Susan Meddaugh
Lyle Walks the Dogs by Bernard Waber, illustrated by Paulis Waber
Sheep in a Jeep by Nancy Shaw, illustrated by Margo Apple
Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester, illustrated by Lynn Munsinger
Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow
The Great Doughnut Parade by Rebecca Bond
Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton

This is a varied and fun collection of stories and even includes a poem from one of my all-time favorite books of poetry: Guyku.  The stories are great and are reason enough to buy this book, but we have also loved the CD that comes with it. 

I love audio books.  We listen to them in the car when we are driving to lessons, the store, or around the block if we are really into a book.  My kids love to listen to them and don't complain when we drive - a real win for me. We often seem to have books that are a little more geared to my 6 year old daughter, so it has been fun to have a CD with stories that appeal both to my daughter and four year-old son.  And the fun thing about this collection is that we can bring the book into the car and they can look at the pictures while listening to the book.  

Another plus for collections . . . eight stories and only one book to bring in the car!  This book and CD combo would make a great Christmas gift!  Anyone have any other suggestions for great audio books?  


I was given a review copy of this book - however, all opinions are my own.

     

No comments: