Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Books I am Reading Over and Over Again


I have an almost 18 month old boy. For awhile he had little to no interest in reading books - so many things to see! To do! To destroy! But recently he has fallen in love with books. He brings a book to any reader in the family, scoots backwards into their lap and waits for the story to be read. Over and Over again.

Here are a few of his favorites:





Steve Light's Trains Go and Planes Go are far and away his very favorites. They contain colorful pictures of varied trains or planes set against a white background. The text names the diesel train or space shuttle and then gives the sound they make. Our Trains Go is in two halves now it is so beloved and my son runs around the house chirping "choo choo" and "WooooOOOoooOO WooooOOOoooOOO."


A classic. Goodnight Moon is definitely one of his go-to grabs. He especially loves the little old lady whispering "hush".




John Burningham's Colors and Opposites are one word books with pictures - yellow, red, heavy, light. They are favorites around here.

2 comments:

Jackson said...

I can't wait to check these out! Thanks for the suggestions

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of most of these! I can't wait to check them out for the baby book shower I'm attending next week.